Bathroom One

One of the few rooms I've actually got a chance to "put my mark on", has been the guest bathroom. One of the reasons I picked this room was because it was painted with a flat paint, and condensation marks were visible. Using the paint I had leftover from the master bath at the old house, a semi gloss, I discovered why flat paint was a better idea in there. It was a lesson I should have learned long ago in design school, but semi glass shows all! and our 70 year old plaster walls are not in the greatest shape. 

Bathroom before. This nice neutral tan is the all around color. It's kind of like light chocolate milk.
Bathroom after. LOVE LOVE LOVE the brown 2"x2" glossy tiles on the floor. 
Just what is that fantastic color on the walls in there?? Why it's Sherwin Williams Breathless. I ADORE it!! It's a subtle lavender with more red than blue undertones. I first thought the name Breathless was beautiful and romantic for the color, but while I was painting it the first time I thought....this is the same color you would turn if you held your breath too long....Breathless, ha ha ha! I used the Sherwin Williams ColorSnap App to get this lovely little digital swatch. Depending on your monitor settings, Breathless may look more like the Mauve Finery color in real life.There's always lots to do around here...so until the next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment